Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Friday Five Hurts

Working in radio has born in me a need to segment things. And alliterate everything...is alliterate a word?

So here is the (Friday) Five things that made Maddy Sad this week...in no particular order

1. My on-going battle with the web guy at work who refuses to respond to my emails or acknowledge the fact I work in the same place as him and that he has a fucking job to do that he is NOT DOING.
2. A really painful pimple on my chin. So much pressure. So ouchie. So gross. Be gone skin volcano.
3. The Road. Great movie - will never see it again in my life. Don't like having to come to terms with my own mortality.
4. Sitting in the city for 1.5 hours by myself waiting for fashionable people to walk past so I can photo them but no luck. Not one interesting person!
5. The fact that Matt started a day job which, coupled with me working nights, means our contact time has significantly decreased.

But look it's not all bad.

Here are Five things that made Maddy Glad this week

1. The electro tunings of Seekae and Norsaj Thing
2. Going to Movie World with Matt and Rachel mid-week. Running to the Scooby Coaster after the (lame as shit) stunt show so we didn't have to wait in line for our second ride. The backwards bit in the Scooby Coaster. Raddness.
3. My female housemate Sam having to explain to Centrelink that her and I are not lesbian life partners thanks to the new laws requiring same sex couples to report if they're living together
4. Gatsby's lovely blog whoring of this here space
5. Purple Vitamin Water

Have a good weekend mmk

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the Scooby Coaster! Love that shit!

    Sad about Matt and his day job and you and your night job. You shall find a way!

    Kinda wanna see The Road... should I wait to read the book first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I would probably read the book first. It's only a short one and if you saw the movie first then it would probably wreck it. It is an outstanding book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you prove to Centrelink that you're not gay? Is there a questionaire? "On a scale of one to ten, one being not at all and ten dick mad, how much do you love the cock?"
    Kinsey would have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete