Thursday, February 4, 2010

My doppelganger hurt

How fun is doppelganger week on facebook? Yes it's kind of silly, but boy has it provided me with minutes of enjoyment. It's so interesting to see who people think they look like. Apparently lots of people think they look like Drew Barrymore. It's like all my facebook friends got really good looking this week. My news feed is full of glamour shots and Hollywood posing. And let's not lie, it's so fun to see those people put Natalie Portman/Scarlette Johanssen/Delta Goodrem as their doppelganger. DREAM BIG GUYS

I have been participating big time, even going so far as to post on people's walls suggested doppelgangers (Harry Connick Jnr for an ex-boyfriend, Taylor Swift for Clare). I've noticed some people have even changed their doppelganger's midweek, which is an extra layer of fun. Looking like more than one famous person, they should be so lucky! Bonus points for people who have a member of the opposite sex (who actually looks like them) as their doppelganger. It shows they've looked at bone structure rather than this-person-has-brown-hair-and-big-boobs-and-so-do-I-therefore-she-looks-like-me.

I strongly believe however that this fad would not have been such a success had the word doppelganger not been so fun to say/type. Great word. Great week. Go Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment