Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Head Hurts

Everybody get excited - this is officially my first drunk-blog.

W00t!

Now I won't get carried away, I'm not on-the-floor wasted or anything. Yes, I am making more typos than usual but I am coherent enough to go back and fix them.

It's more my first tipsy-blog, but still something to be celebrated nonetheless.

My head hurts because the wine headache has already begun. This does not bode well.

But I totes deserved a (read: several) beverage because today I organised the first outdoor broadcast for JACradio. It went ok, despite some technical hiccups. What really shat me off was the guy organising the event that we were covering. It was some bullshit University organised marketing thing about student stress relief. Holy jesus it was so over organised - there were about a million emails, meetings, phone calls and other crap just to organise this tiny thing.

But it wasn't just that - this guy spoke in the most infuriating marketing lingo. Seriously, I would ask him a question and instead of giving me a yes or no answer he would say "Ok Maddy, I'll go get my program and my info sheet and I'll brief you on this. Then if you have any queries we can open up a dialogue and discuss potential solutions."

FUCK OFF. WHY CAN'T YOU SPEAK LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN??? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO RIDICULOUSLY COMPLEX AND WANKY???

rar

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you are at a university. It is the epicenter of jargon and lingo. You should have droppped a couple of 'paradigms' or 'intertextualisations' on him. And given him your heartiest contrafibularities.

    ReplyDelete