Monday, October 19, 2009

My Social Networking Hurts

Have wrestled with the demons of my conscience and come to a compromise. So as not to make things too personal, I will lampoon facebook fauxpas on a more general scale, with some specific examples thrown in.

Item the first.

Religious Status

One of my facebook friends has recently chanced their religious status from "very Christian" to "Christian all the way."
Yikes.

Firstly, why did she think it necessary to change from very Christian to Christian all the way? Was her point not clear enough? We get it! You're an uber-Christian, you forsake all others for that bearded guy in the dress. Obviously the religion element of her facebook profile was so important that she felt the need to keep it fresh.

I don't understand why any extra qualifier to "Christian" was required. I don't think Jesus actually cares what you put in your facebook profile (as long as it's not Muslim of course).

I got curious about Jesus' take on facebook, so I had a look around and found that he has no fewer than 500 facebook profiles. No wonder he can be everywhere at once. Or is that Santa?

I checked out Jesus Christ from Pittsburgh's profile and not even he lists himself as VERY Christian. In fact he just has a cheesy quote from some guy called Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment